PublicationsThe following is a list of relevant publications that include assessment results and other details.
Presentations and Publications in Refereed Conference ProceedingsNote: These are peer reviewed presentations and publications.
- Goeser, P.T. and Duong, A., “MATLAB Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for Problem Solving in Thermodynamics.” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Raleigh, North Carolina , March 9th – March 12th 2019.
- Murphy, T., Goeser, P.T. and Williams, C., “Analysis of Usage Statistics of MATLAB Marina – A Virtual Learning Environment.” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Daytona Beach, Florida, March 4th – March 6th 2018.
- Goeser, P.T. and Ruiz, S., “The Development of MATLAB Functions for Effective Use and Improvement of Student Learning in a Thermodynamics Course.” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Gainesville, Florida, April 12th – April 14th 2015. Paper nominated for best conference paper in 2015 and best instructional paper in 2016.
- Goeser, P.T., Murphy, T., Williams, C. and Johnson, W., “The Effective Use of Virtual Learning Environments like MATLAB Marina as the Primary Resource for an Introductory Programming Course. ” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Macon, Georgia, March 30th –April 1st 2014.
- Goeser, P.T., Johnson, W., Nivens, D. and Bernadin, S., “Work-in-Progress: The Impact of MatLab Marina - A Virtual Learning Environment on Student Learning in a Computing for Engineers Course.” The 2013 Annual ASEE Conference & Exposition, Atlanta, Georgia, June 23rd – 26th, 2013.
- Goeser, P.T., Johnson, W. and Nivens, D., “The Role of a Freshmen Programming Course for Engineers on Student Success.” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Cookeville, Tennessee, March 10th -12th 2013. Extended abstract published and work presented.
- Goeser, P.T., Flett, A., Kriske, J. and Panter, C., “MatLab Marina: Web-Based Tutorials for Teaching Programming Concepts using MATLAB.” The ASEE SE Section Annual Conference. Starkville, Mississippi, April 1st – 3rd 2012.